It always struck false that Dr. Horrible would use a Mac—I mean an iPhone. He always struck me as more of a PC character. … I was thinking of it as he’s got self-esteem issues. He’s using a Mac because he’s trying to be hip and cool.— ,
Dr. Horrible’s Sing-along Blog @0:09:25
That’s important to note that she breaks a leg of that chair because Buffy didn’t bring her own stake because she doesn’t want to ease back into the role of a vampire slayer.— ,
Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1×01 @0:34:24
all quotes like these...
The fact that the two characters in the film live in a fish bowl in different ways is not something that evaded my notice.— Sofa Dogs with Teague Chrystie,
Sad Max @0:15:54
Find “Sofa Dogs” and... (clear)
- Fun with John and Dorkman. They analyze the Delia-as-Tim-Burton aspect, the visual style, and the plot overall. I think it would have been better if Juno had said that Beetlejuice had given himself that strange name after leaving the civil service of the dead to keep people from being able to summon him. Then he found it to be a curse because he needs people to summon him because he can't really stop serving people so he twists it into "bio-exorcism". I think Keaton is kind of channeling Harpo Marx, especially for the initial meeting scene, where he keeps going for Barbara. It's a great performance. I don't think an evil Beetlejuice would be better or more interesting, but I do think that the character could have a clearer goal. He doesn't make much effort to scare the Deetzes before he suddenly tries to marry their daughter without much explanation.
Zarban on 2013-04-03 19:08:46
Behind The Mask: The Rise Of Leslie Vernon
- Great work from John and Mike. Lots of good analysis and a fair bit of humor. Funny Games is the first film I know of that basically accuses its audience of being sick for watching it. One thing that would kind of cool and funny to see in a movie like is would be to see the amateurish work at the beginning suddenly get much better after a professional film maker joins the protagonists.
Zarban on 2012-06-29 19:15:39
The Big Lebowski
- This one's pretty good. It's got some decent analysis presented in an entertaining and humorous way.
Mike on 2011-04-15 02:09:47
Buffy tVS 1×01 ‘Welcome to the Hellmouth’
- Way back at the beginning of his pocasting days, John Pavlich promises to do commentaries for "every single episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer". Heh, heh, heh, they're so cute when they're little. Low volume. Lots of mike puffing. I had no idea that the show carried right on from the movie. Or that Angel was a mysterious stranger right from the beginning. Weird.
Zarban on 2013-04-01 12:01:16
Buffy tVS 1×02 ‘The Harvest’
- More early work from John Pavlich. He examines the show in context, explains what happened to the Luke Perry's character from the movie.
Zarban on 2013-04-01 16:57:52
All commentaries created by Sofa DogsSubscribe to this list of commentaries
Subscribe to comments about these commentaries