[David Tennant's hair] became the back-combed bouffant, … I think, in ‘Fear Her.’ … Well, ‘Fear Her’ is a seminal episode. Yes, seminal in that it made me go, ‘Not every Doctor Who is good.’— ,
Doctor Who ‘The Next Doctor’
I thought, ‘Oh, she’s pregnant!’ From kissing? … You don’t understand how it works, Stephen. … I don’t think you understand how it works. … His tonsils are his testicles. … Tonsticles!— ,
Doctor Who ‘A Christmas Carol’ @1:00:19
all quotes like these...
That’s the special needs ice warrior. … It’s actually Condo in a previous life. Condo! The opera-singing ice warrior. … You should hear his light opera. [as ice warrior] ‘Three little girlish girls are we. Three little maids from school.’— ,
Doctor Who: Monster of Peladon p2 @0:06:43
Find “Radio Free Skaro” and... (clear)
Doctor Who 09 1×01 ‘Rose’
- Good take on the first of the new Who from Radio Free Skaro. Commentary starts at 24 m, 15 s.
Zarban on 2009-08-31 01:44:32
Doctor Who 09 1×02 ‘The End of the World’
- Entertaining look at the second ep of the new series by Radio Free Skaro. They quite like it, with some mild reservations. They don't have much else to talk about first, so the commentary starts at 7 m 12 s.
Zarban on 2009-08-31 14:44:58
Doctor Who 09 1×04 ‘Aliens of London’
- An angry tirade (by Canadian standards) against a rather silly early episode by Radio Free Skaro. The "Marco Polo" subtitles that Chris accidentally has playing are pretty funny. Commentary starts at 32 m, 20 s.
Zarban on 2009-08-31 15:03:37
Doctor Who 09 1×05 ‘World War Three’
- Another rough commentary (again: by Canadian standards) from Radio Free Skaro on the second half of the Slitheen two-parter. Commentary starts at 27 m, 48 s.
Zarban on 2009-08-31 15:09:15
Doctor Who 09 1×06 ‘Dalek’
- Good stuff again from Radio Free Skaro, altho they like the episode a bit more than I did. Commentary starts at 52 m, 42 s.
Zarban on 2009-09-02 17:47:00
Doctor Who 09 1×07 ‘The Long Game’
- Rather flat commentary for a rather flat episode. Commentary starts at 45 m, 50 s.
Zarban on 2009-09-03 14:11:41
Doctor Who 09 1×11 ‘Boom Town’
- Good commentary from the Canadians on a talky ep. Audio is a bit crackly and there's a bit of mike breathing. Commentary starts at 23m 20s.
Zarban on 2009-07-20 22:12:49
Doctor Who 09 1×12 ‘Bad Wolf’
- Solid effort from the Canadians. Commentary starts at 45m 47s after many Torchwood spoilers.
Zarban on 2009-07-13 03:06:44
Doctor Who 10 2×12 ‘Army of Ghosts’
- Quite good commentary from Radio Free Skaro on the return of the Cybermen ep.
Zarban on 2009-09-02 15:14:43
Doctor Who 10 2×13 ‘Doomsday’
- Really good commentary from Radio Free Skaro on the big second season ender.
Zarban on 2009-08-11 23:31:37
Doctor Who 10 3×01 ‘Smith and Jones’
- Good take on Martha's debut. Funny and analytical without being too nerdy.
Zarban on 2009-06-30 21:04:27
Doctor Who 10 3×02 ‘The Shakespeare Code’
- Good and pretty funny, but a bit rambling in the middle.
Zarban on 2009-06-30 21:07:56
Doctor Who 10 3×03 ‘Gridlock’
- Fine commentary from the Canadian pair. A bit less rambling, altho they do go off on a discussion of Edmonton traffic. It's nice to hear fans who aren't so critical, and this is one of their favorites.
Zarban on 2009-06-30 22:29:50
Doctor Who 10 3×04 ‘Daleks in Manhattan’
- RFS gets their hands dirty on the first part of a middling two-parter.
I'm pretty sure there was no NYC newspaper called The Record. They may be thinking of the Times being called the "newspaper of record" (meaning that legal notices get published there). By the way, if you freeze-frame, you get a good look at the typo "citiy" in the subhead.
Hoovervilles were pretty damn big.
There's a really funny conversation comparing the episode to a visit to the doctor.
Why aren't they prepared already? Why are they sitting around? 'Let's bring him down here and have him wait for 20 minutes.' It's not like you have anything else to do. ... It's like when you go to the doctor's and you sit down, and there's a really good issue of Time magazine right there in the waiting room. And you say, 'Great! I'll probably wait a couple, 20 minutes. I'll have a read here.' And they take you away after 5 minutes, and you're half-way thru this article. And they put you in another waiting room with no magazines. Yes. And some boring poster about nutrition. Yeah. And that's what's happening right now. We're watching a boring poster about nutrition.
Zarban on 2010-09-10 15:30:46
- RFS gets their hands dirty on the first part of a middling two-parter. I'm pretty sure there was no NYC newspaper called The Record. They may be thinking of the Times being called the "newspaper of record" (meaning that legal notices get published there). By the way, if you freeze-frame, you get a good look at the typo "citiy" in the subhead. Hoovervilles were pretty damn big. There's a really funny conversation comparing the episode to a visit to the doctor.
Doctor Who 10 3×05 ‘Evolution of the Daleks’
- Good work by RFS, with Chris freshly added. They like it a bit better than part one, but they wander well off topic about 2/3 of the way in to discuss Life on Mars. The "one word for crisis and opportunity" story is bunk.
Zarban on 2010-09-10 18:39:22
Doctor Who 10 3×06 ‘The Lazarus Experiment’
- Plenty of fun from Radio Free Skaro. They wander off onto the topic of Coronation Street and American soap operas briefly and then some Doctor Who current events, but they come back.
Zarban on 2010-09-08 17:50:19
Doctor Who 10 3×10 ‘Blink’
- Good work from Radio Free Skaro, altho they drift off a time or two into current events. They love the episode and relate how their girlfriends reacted. Commentary starts at 0:21:20
Zarban on 2010-09-17 00:22:33
All commentaries created by Radio Free SkaroSubscribe to this list of commentaries
Subscribe to comments about these commentaries