I wonder how genetics and procreation works in this universe. … Each time you get in a new relationship, it’s like, ‘I don’t know what to put in where! We’re gonna discover this together. It’s an adventure!‘— ,
Monsters, Inc. @0:40:28
Pixar … basically [has] an adorable sauce that they just pour on some characters.— ,
Monsters, Inc. @0:28:10
all quotes like these...
Now, we just saw the Dude get punched in the face, there, by one of Maude Lebowski’s thugs. That’s Carlos Leon, who is Madonna’s baby-daddy. Whoa. He is the father of little Lourdes.— Lebowski Podcast,
The Big Lebowski @0:31:26
Find “John Goodman” and... (clear)
The Big Lebowski
- This one's pretty good. It's got some decent analysis presented in an entertaining and humorous way.
Mike on 2011-04-15 02:09:47
The Big Lebowski
- Fine work by the Lebowski Podcast on a rainy day. They wander off-topic now and then, but not badly, and get back on topic pretty quickly. Truman allowed AMF to put a 2-lane alley in the basement of the West Wing, and it was later moved to the basement of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building across the street (where the main part of the president's staff works). It was indeed bowling-fan Nixon who put the 1-lane bowling alley in the basement of the White House residence. It's still in good repair. The one in the EEOC isn't. Julianne Moore is doing a mid-Atlantic accent, big in the northeast until the '50s. It was Dan'l Boone who "kilt him a bar when he was only three." Branded was indeed a real show.
Zarban on 2013-05-21 21:11:04
Blues Brothers 2000
- The PodBlast crew watches the dreadful sequel for the first time and dismantle it. It's a slow burn for a slow movie. In the original, the brothers went from place to place and watched great performers do their thing, which they were still great at even tho they were out of style. 18 years later, that music is back in style but the performers have lost their edge, AND we get lame numbers from Ackroyd and Goodman way before we ever even get to Franklin... It's just a mess. Unfortunately, the gang doesn't seem to be having much fun mocking it. Stopped it after the (rather good) improvised song at 1:20:00.
Zarban on 2011-06-10 18:08:55
- I think the original plan was that they wanted to bring in their good friend and guest Blaster Senta Moses in on this movie (you actually hear Darren at one point say "God I wish Senta was here"), because she was actually in the first Blues Brothers. In fact, she got her SAG card off of it. If you watch the Ray Charles "Shake a Tail Feather" segment, watch for a little girl in a Mickey Mouse shirt and hair about as big as she is. That's Senta.
Grev on 2011-06-11 22:28:26
- Good work from Down in Front. They examine the camera moves and lighting as well as the general story composition. There's a little gratuitous singing and about six times as much discussion of butt shapes as in other Down in Front commentaries. The CDA wouldn't help Waternoose cover up his kidnapping scheme any more than the fire department would help a pyromaniac set fires.
Zarban on 2009-12-23 22:33:53
- Good try by the Pixar Planet folks. It's not jokey or deeply analytical, but it's fans talking about a movie they love.
Zarban on 2009-08-21 23:44:41
- Good second effort from the Pixar Planet team. There's a fair amount of dead air, and they aren't trying to make jokes, but they're big fans of the film and have some interesting insights.
Zarban on 2009-08-21 23:43:48
All commentaries for films starring John GoodmanSubscribe to this list of commentaries
Subscribe to comments about these commentaries