That’s a very generic, wibbly-wobbly worm hole effect. Stargate would be embarrassed to use that.— ,
Doctor Who ‘Planet of the Dead’ @0:16:20
Heroic self-sacrifice, second episode running.— ,
Doctor Who ‘The Unquiet Dead’ @0:51:22
all quotes like these...
There’s a level of stupidity to some of the stuff the Doctor says. Like, … ‘Ah, that’s the Adelaide Brooke that I knew, the one with starlight in her soul!’ What are you, the writer of bad Hallmark cards?— ,
Doctor Who ‘Waters of Mars’ @0:47:44
Find “Impossible Podcasts” and... (clear)
Doctor Who 09 1×01 ‘Rose’
- Studious commentary from the Welsh team on the first of the new series.
Zarban on 2009-07-11 20:08:44
Doctor Who 09 1×03 ‘The Unquiet Dead’
- Good work from Impossible, altho rather noisy. It is a bit scary. My 9-y-o nephew lasted 2 minutes, and my 9-y-o niece lasted 5. Commentary starts around 0:12:37, when they say "Um, yeah. So let's hit the button." (I guess.)
Zarban on 2012-06-06 23:36:50
Doctor Who 10 4×03 ‘Planet of the Ood’
- More good commentary from the Welsh team. Some liked the episode more than others, but they eventually talk each other into being disappointed by it. They feel it's too straightforward, but then complain that the Ood aren't purely good.
Zarban on 2008-11-25 00:04:52
Doctor Who 10 4×04 ‘The Sontaran Strategem’
- More from the Cardiff group and again they're unmoved.
Zarban on 2008-11-26 00:35:44
Doctor Who 10 4×05 ‘The Poison Sky’
- The Welsh group finally likes an episode again! Not much in the way of insights, but interesting enough.
Zarban on 2008-11-26 00:36:48
Doctor Who 10 4×06 ‘The Doctor’s Daughter’
- Caleb and James take apart a clumsy, old-school episode.
Zarban on 2008-11-26 20:32:58
Doctor Who 10 4×07 ‘The Unicorn and the Wasp’
- Good take on a weak episode from the Welsh team.
Zarban on 2008-07-09 02:33:15
Doctor Who 10 4×08 ‘Silence in the Library’
- Very good effort from the Welsh team, with interesting insights and analysis without much fanboy gushing.
Zarban on 2008-07-09 02:32:17
Doctor Who 10 4×09 ‘Forest of the Dead’
- Very entertaining analysis of the second part of the Library story from the Welsh crew.
Zarban on 2008-07-09 23:24:15
Doctor Who 10 4×10 ‘Midnight’
- Good work from the Welshmen, especially given how little really happens in this cheapie episode (not that it's bad--it's a great one!).
Zarban on 2008-07-13 03:13:54
Doctor Who 10 4×11 ‘Turn Left’
- "Vis a vis" means "opposite to". It's "viz." that means "namely". Also, one person can't have a "general consensus". Aside from that, it was interesting enough; it's nice to hear from female fans (or wives of male fans), especially on this Donna-centric episode. Note: The commentary doesn't start until 9 minutes in.
Zarban on 2008-08-16 20:20:58
Doctor Who 10 4×12 ‘The Stolen Earth’
- Good look at the big season 4 ender part 1.
Zarban on 2008-08-17 16:08:16
Doctor Who 10 4×13 ‘Journey’s End’
- Good treatment for the season 4 finale. The ending is indeed contrived but, worse, is rather clumsy. Rose and Donna should basically have switched places, so that the bond between Rose and the human Doctor was stronger. The physics of returning the earth to orbit was incredibly sloppy, as was Davros tweaking the Doctor about his "soul"—which is to say, teaching some humans to fight back.
Zarban on 2008-08-17 16:27:19
Doctor Who 10 4×15 ‘Planet of the Dead’
- Fairly brutal deconstruction by the Cardiff team of a rather clumsy episode.
Zarban on 2009-07-31 19:20:54
Doctor Who 10 4×16 ‘Waters of Mars’
- Impossible Things takes a shot at the watery Martian ep and have a lot of fun, both with and against. Some good background and analysis. The volume of the episode makes it hard to hear the commentators at times (but easy to keep in sync :-)). Possible Moon spoiler early on. Slight The Thing spoiler 32 minutes in. Possible 28 Days Later spoiler 53 minutes in. I think the gay agenda is designed to seem normal in 20 years. The reference in this one I think is pretty smooth and could easily go unnoticed by young viewers in 20 years when gay marriage is socially accepted. Think of how we don't think anything of black people appearing on Star Trek even tho that was a big deal back then. And I agree that it's just insane that RTD didn't have the Doctor save the crew (the ones he could) and take them to a different time and place to live.
Zarban on 2010-01-04 18:35:06
Doctor Who 10 4×17 ‘The End of Time, Part 1’
- Great work from Caleb sans companions. There's good analysis and fun speculation on part 2 (which he hasn't seen yet, but I have). He likes the episode but has some issues with it, which always helps.
Zarban on 2010-01-05 00:11:22
Doctor Who 10 4×18 ‘The End of Time, Part 2’
- Good work from Impossible Podcast on the Tennant finale. They're split on it, but have some interesting analysis both pro and con. The discussion is extended beyond the credits with some interesting musings on approaches to have more surprise in the Doctor's regeneration. For my money, "Blink" was rather better than "Human Nature," partly because I had issues with the Doctor hiding in a time and place that put Martha at such a disadvantage.
Zarban on 2010-01-11 01:16:56
Doctor Who 11 5×03 ‘Victory of the Daleks’
- Good commentary from Impossible Podcast. Extended discussion before they actually start. The commentary starts at 8m 25s in.
Zarban on 2010-05-01 22:43:08
All commentaries created by Impossible PodcastsSubscribe to this list of commentaries
Subscribe to comments about these commentaries