Find “Dr Who official” and... (clear)
Doctor Who 10 2×00 ‘The Christmas Invasion’
- Good commentary from the official crew. Davies is funny, as always, but unapologetic for the cornier moments in this kickoff to season 2.
Zarban on 2008-06-30 01:11:30
Doctor Who 10 2×01 ‘New Earth’
- Good commentary from central players. Davies is funny, as always, and Tennant brings his unique point of view.
Zarban on 2008-07-01 01:36:03
Doctor Who 10 2×02 ‘Tooth and Claw’
- Good commentary from Tennant and others, altho there’s not as much chat about Scotland as I’d expected (it was shot in Wales). Also, no one mentions that “There’s something of the wolf about you” should be followed by Rose saying, “It’s just an overbite.” However, don't miss the Josh-the-werewolf comments.
Zarban on 2008-07-01 13:50:57
Doctor Who 10 2×03 ‘School Reunion’
- Director Collinson with the script editor and the evil computer teacher give their take on the episode. Collinson is as informative as always, but as a whole the commentary is nothing special.
Zarban on 2008-07-05 18:50:30
Doctor Who 10 2×04 ‘The Girl in the Fireplace’
- MP3 links are broken.
Kieren on 2013-01-24 22:51:37
- Ah well, they're on the DVDs. I guess I'll have to pull them. I don't host official commentaries available elsewhere.
Zarban on 2013-01-24 23:09:50
Doctor Who 10 2×05 ‘Rise of the Cybermen’
- Good commentary from the prosthetics guys and director. A lot of talk about the Cybermen costumes, naturally.
Zarban on 2008-06-22 22:12:33
Doctor Who 10 2×06 ‘The Age of Steel’
- Good commentary from the supporting cast, with a few interesting insights into the Mickey/Ricky portrayal. As usual for Doctor Who, there's a lot of "it was very cold when we shot this" whining.
Zarban on 2008-06-22 22:16:57
Doctor Who 10 2×07 ‘The Idiot’s Lantern’
- Fairly good commentary from Magpie, makeup, and costume folks. There's some interesting stuff about the 1950s art direction.
Zarban on 2008-06-22 22:21:09
Doctor Who 10 2×08 ‘The Impossible Planet’
- Fairly good commentary from the director, a bit actress, and the underwater cameraman. Strong's comments are interesting, but the other two don't have much to add.
Zarban on 2008-06-22 22:25:09
Doctor Who 10 2×09 ‘The Satan Pit’
- Good commentary from the location scout, concept designer, and the writer/producer. Writer Davies is very funny, and there's some fairly good insights about shooting on location and all.
Zarban on 2008-06-22 22:27:25
Doctor Who 10 2×10 ‘Love & Monsters’
- So-so commentary for a fairly awful episode. They seem to have had fun making this cheapie, but it's all too corny for me.
Zarban on 2008-07-01 01:38:14
Doctor Who 10 2×11 ‘Fear Her’
- Good commentary from the director, the little girl, and an assistant director. Little Abisola is sharp and interesting, and the other two have good things to say about the hows and whys of shooting.
Zarban on 2008-06-22 22:30:32
Doctor Who 10 2×12 ‘Army of Ghosts’
- Good commentary from director Davies, with good insights.
Zarban on 2008-06-23 01:44:59
Doctor Who 10 3×00 ‘The Runaway Bride’
- Good commentary with Tennant, who is always entertaining, and an executive producer.
Zarban on 2008-07-01 01:47:35
Doctor Who 10 3×01 ‘Smith and Jones’
- Fairly ordinary commentary, tho entertaining enough. It's Freema Agyeman's first time seeing the episode, so it's interesting to hear her get a kick out of it.
Zarban on 2008-07-13 01:38:25
- The Doctor Who official commentaries for seasons 3 and 4 have all been taken down. The only ones remaining are season 2, The Runaway Bride, and Voyage of the Damned (streaming only on this last one).
Matt on 2011-01-09 12:08:13
- Rats. The page with the links is still there. I'll keep these around and check back in a while to see if they reinstate them. They're on the DVDs, so I won't host them myself.
Zarban on 2011-01-09 13:44:33
Doctor Who 10 3×02 ‘The Shakespeare Code’
- Okay commentary from the writer and others. Not a lot of inside dope, even with all the Shakespeare references.
Zarban on 2008-07-19 14:49:11
Doctor Who 10 3×03 ‘Gridlock’
- Tennant and RTD have a good time chuckling over the vehicle sets and the Face of Boe. The Mill's Houghton is along for the ride and some back-slapping.
Zarban on 2008-07-22 00:03:06
Doctor Who 10 3×04 ‘Daleks in Manhattan’
- Producer Collinson is good, as always, and director Strong helps, providing a better commentary than the all-girl chat on the DVD set.
Zarban on 2008-07-26 00:54:42
Doctor Who 10 3×06 ‘The Lazarus Experiment’
- Decent commentary from Martha's brother and an effects guy. They chat mostly about the monster effects, naturally.
Zarban on 2008-07-26 22:29:13
Doctor Who 10 3×11 ‘Utopia’
- Interesting enough commentary, but nothing special.
Zarban on 2008-07-01 01:41:52
Doctor Who 10 3×13 ‘Last of the Time Lords’
- Same as the commentary available on the box set for this episode. Funny and informative, they're kidding on the square when they call themselves the A team of commenters.
Zarban on 2008-08-09 21:49:16
All commentaries created by the cast and crew of Doctor WhoSubscribe to this list of commentaries
Subscribe to comments about these commentaries